Introduction

Hi, my name is Phil North. I am currently a student at UCLan in Preston studying Creative Writing and Journalism and have been given the opportunity to study my second year at Central Connecticut State University. Here is where you will be able to find out about my experiences, opinions and just how well I'm adjusting to the US way of life.

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Earthquake

The halls of my residence are all a buzz, as 15 minutes ago the building shook for 5-10 seconds as an earthquake hit nearby. Led on my bed doing some reading for my fiction class, the bed began to shake and the walls vibrate as I heard items falling to the floor in the distance. I thought I was imagining things until a mate from down the corridor came into my room to see if I felt it. It reminded me of back home in Clitheroe when we felt an earthquake in the mid 00's and everyone got all excited. At least back home there were reports of chimneys falling off houses, unlike here. So in my 25 years on this earth, I can say that I have survived 2 earthquakes to date.

If anyone wishes to send aid to help me during this difficult, traumatic period, I accept care packages containing money, Strongbow, and freshly baked goods - thankyou.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-earthquake-rattles-new-england-20121016,0,4966683.story

No comments:

Post a Comment

As this is viewable by anyone remotely interested, I politely ask that you keep your language PG13 and abuse at a minimum. Cheers