Introduction

Hi, my name is Phil North. I am currently a student at UCLan in Preston studying Creative Writing and Journalism and have been given the opportunity to study my second year at Central Connecticut State University. Here is where you will be able to find out about my experiences, opinions and just how well I'm adjusting to the US way of life.

Monday 13 May 2013

Leaving Carroll & Flag Night

My Favourite Chinese
I am no longer a prisoner of Carroll Hall. I no longer have to sweat to death in the confines of that torturous room that was far too small for two people to live in. I no longer have to share four showers and 5 toilets with over 60 people. I no longer wake up to the sound of a mower cutting the grass outside my window, and I can now sleep when I want without threat of idiots screaming in the corridor or my roommate turning the light on when I'm asleep, or shouting in his sleep. I am no longer a Carroll Cobra, if I ever was one to begin with.

Dolce Only Shows Me Attention
When I'm On My Own. Almost As
If She's Embarrassed To Be Seen In
Public With Me
Sox Isn't Happy That I Stole His Bed
I will however miss my mate, Art. It was a shame that he was only 18 as he certainly liked a drink and was good fun. Before he left to go home we shared a small bottle of Jagermeister and he was happy that it didn't turn his face bright red like it has in the past. Great to meet you buddy. All the best in the future and I hope to see you again soon.

Captain Sweden
England Look To Be Head And Shoulders Above The
Other Countries
I have now moved into Hongi's house and am at war with Sox over who has the right to the bed. I think I'm winning at the moment, but who knows? His cat hairs do cover every square inch of the room, and I hear him scratching at the door in the morning. It is interesting to see the battle between the 3 cats in the house. Sox is a big white male who isn't very old, but dwarves the other 2 with his sheer size. Dolce is a little black girl who has rule of the house. If Sox is asleep somewhere she will wake him up and scare him off. The thing is, it's not because she wants his spot, she's just a cow. Then there is Smoky who is a stray that was adopted. He spends most of his time upstairs keeping himself to himself but is apparently very territorial. I spend most of the day watching their antics, it makes me feel a little like David Attenborough.
Convict & Prosecutor

To celebrate our last night I arranged a flag night amongst the international students. Although I must admit, it was a bit of a failure. The idea was that everyone wore their nation's flag on their back like a cape, so the pub would have England, USA, Australia, Spain, Germany, Poland, Brazil, Sweden flags everywhere. I even gave out a link to buy a flag for $5 but people couldn't be bothered. So I had mine, Evan represented Sweden for Erik, and Jon has an Australian vest on. All went well though, until Evan disappeared with 2 crates of beer after closing and lost them as soon as we took our eyes off him. Who knows which lucky sod found them.

Carroll's Resident Director Is So Happy To Have
Seen The Last Of Us
The Spanish girls have now flown out to California with Mariana but will be back for one day before going back to Spain. I hope to survive until then as I am now living on corn flakes, sandwiches and crisps. I need to get back to my original weight in preparation for pre season training when I get home. It's going to hurt so much.



Meanwhile In Sweden, Erik Misses America That
Much He Tried To Look Like Jennifer Aniston

No comments:

Post a Comment

As this is viewable by anyone remotely interested, I politely ask that you keep your language PG13 and abuse at a minimum. Cheers