Introduction

Hi, my name is Phil North. I am currently a student at UCLan in Preston studying Creative Writing and Journalism and have been given the opportunity to study my second year at Central Connecticut State University. Here is where you will be able to find out about my experiences, opinions and just how well I'm adjusting to the US way of life.

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Cell Block - Carroll, Cell Number 219

Jon has been complaining about his hair being too long for a few days now, yet like myself he doesn't like going to get it done. Bored in my room with little to do but school work, we decided to get the clippers out and do it ourselves. Now for my first go with a pair of clippers, I must say I did a pretty good job despite his hair
          being thick and forever clogging up                            the cheap clippers. After tiding up the back of his neck and ears it was my turn, not that it needed doing but it will save me a couple of haircuts in the near future. The money I've saved will buy me a pair of football boots. With my head over the bin to prevent mess, I watched as my golden locks fell into the Sainsbury's bag as
images of me as a child flooded my head and calls of "George Doors what are the scores?" filled my ears. After Jon finished we certainly look like cell mates, but we've saved money and a trip to the barbers. Being on a different continent will not save me from my Mother's tutting and shaking of her head when I next see her on Skype







Cell Block - Carroll, Cell 219






No comments:

Post a Comment

As this is viewable by anyone remotely interested, I politely ask that you keep your language PG13 and abuse at a minimum. Cheers