Introduction

Hi, my name is Phil North. I am currently a student at UCLan in Preston studying Creative Writing and Journalism and have been given the opportunity to study my second year at Central Connecticut State University. Here is where you will be able to find out about my experiences, opinions and just how well I'm adjusting to the US way of life.

Saturday 1 June 2013

I'll No Doubt See You Sooner Than I'd Like, Jon

An Aussie On The Beach, With A Beer - How
Surprising
After months of saving and planning, Jon has hit Europe as he left with the Spanish Girls to explore Europe. Apparently he is already loving it, especially the daily siestas. After sharing a room with him for a semester I can confirm that he loves a nap. I'm almost positive that he was a koala in a past life.
Unfortunately Since I Left Florida, Jon's Grandpa Has
Passed Away. RIP Roger, And His Buddy Jack

His plan as far as I know is to travel Spain, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Italy, and finish with England before returning to base in Spain. Of course plans change, and I have already alerted home security back in England that we sent people to Australia for a reason. We need to stand strong and not take a U-Turn, especially with the Ashes just around the corner.

I did find it amusing however that his reason to go to Belgium was to visit Bruges. His reason to want to visit Bruges, is because of the film In Bruges. No other.

I am lucky to have met Jon as early as I did as he has been more than helpful during my time here. Taking me to bus/train stations for my traveling escapades, allowing me into his house, inviting me to his Grandparents house in Florida to eat them out of house and home, finding me work. He has been nothing more than generous in what he has and I'm sure he'd give me the shirt off his back if needed, may be a little big though.

The Blind Leading The Blind
Drinking Buddies
We've had some great moments, usually at one anothers expense, and have carried each other home on more than one occasion. Despite all this, I don't want him in my beautiful country, what with his constant spitting, and derogatory comments regarding Her Royal Majesty. I'll find you at Manchester airport, just not with open arms but with a ticket to send you straight back to wherever you came from. That or a crate of Strongbow, your choice. See you soon mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As this is viewable by anyone remotely interested, I politely ask that you keep your language PG13 and abuse at a minimum. Cheers