Introduction

Hi, my name is Phil North. I am currently a student at UCLan in Preston studying Creative Writing and Journalism and have been given the opportunity to study my second year at Central Connecticut State University. Here is where you will be able to find out about my experiences, opinions and just how well I'm adjusting to the US way of life.

Thursday 3 January 2013

Happy New Year

A Rare Trip To The Dancefloor
Should Really Put My Drink Down
I am pleased to say that I didn't spend yet another New Years Eve traipsing the streets of Clitheroe in the ice and wind going to the same old places before standing under the clock tower freezing my little fellas off. This year I spent it in West Palm and was more than comfortable in a thin short sleeved shirt. Unlucky England.
In an attempt to save money, Jon, Brenda, and I did things American style and started the evening off drinking shots in the kitchen. Half a bottle of Sambuca to myself later and we were ready to party. The main street of the city was set up better than anything home can be bothered doing. The street was fenced off from traffic with lights hanging above the road and lighting the pavements as party goers made their way from pub to pub. 
You've Got To Have A New Years Hat
Why Do Australians Insist
On That Hand Symbol?

We started off in this nice little place where they happened to serve a nice, refreshing pint of Strongbow; job done. Once the place began to get a little busier we left and queued up to go the the rooftop club above the pub we were just in. This is the first time I've ever seen a lift in a club, in England it would be full of sick, urine, and who knows what else. On top of the building there were two giant dancefloors with big screens on the back walls, three bars, and a fantastic view of the city. That wasn't even the best bit, the measures they gave on cocktails were enough to put a smile on an alky's face.
A Brother's Duty To Hold His Sister's Cardigan
The Blind Leading The Blind
As the night progressed things became a little hazy, with more alcohol being consumed and being told by numerous people that my English accent is fake? Funny thing is if I was to put it on, I'd do a much better job than my regular accent. 

After watching numerous American films and T.V programs I was expecting a big fuss over the countdown with party poppers and balloons at midnight. Turns out I was either in the toilet at the time or they just didn't bother - how odd!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As this is viewable by anyone remotely interested, I politely ask that you keep your language PG13 and abuse at a minimum. Cheers