Introduction

Hi, my name is Phil North. I am currently a student at UCLan in Preston studying Creative Writing and Journalism and have been given the opportunity to study my second year at Central Connecticut State University. Here is where you will be able to find out about my experiences, opinions and just how well I'm adjusting to the US way of life.

Thursday 31 January 2013

The Bet

The month of February is upon us and I have made a pact to myself that very quickly turned into a bet with friends. After spending Christmas in Florida eating and drinking more than reasonable, I have alerted the media that I shall not touch a drop of alcohol over the month of February.

Unfortunately this was met with much laughter and disbelief from my peers here in America. They don't believe that this has been done involuntary back home in England due to lack of money and having to work. The reason for this pact is to one, save up money for Texas, and two, to help cut back on some of this American Timber that covers my English frame.

Show Me The Money!
I must admit that my friends do have a good enough reason to not believe as towards the end of last semester it was a common thing to hear from my lips. I'm not drinking until my birthday, I'm not drinking until Alejandra's birthday, I'm not drinking until December, I'm not drinking until next week, I'm not drinking until Erik's leaving do. All of which failed miserably for one reason or another.

As a bit of an incentive to complete the month I put forth a bet. If I win you pay me $10, If I fail I pay you $10. Jon was the first to take up the bet saying that it is easy money. Erik, all the way from Sweden said that it hilarious. Evan took up the bet, as did Ethan. Art is on the fence but believes that it can't be done. The Spanish girls have since changed their minds from laughing to backing me. I think they simply don't want to put money on it.

If I begin to post ramblings in the near future that don't make sense, that could indicate that the withdrawal symptoms have set in - wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As this is viewable by anyone remotely interested, I politely ask that you keep your language PG13 and abuse at a minimum. Cheers