Introduction

Hi, my name is Phil North. I am currently a student at UCLan in Preston studying Creative Writing and Journalism and have been given the opportunity to study my second year at Central Connecticut State University. Here is where you will be able to find out about my experiences, opinions and just how well I'm adjusting to the US way of life.

Sunday 13 January 2013

Intro To Semester 2

After our flight back to Connecticut and saying goodbye to Stefanie before she flew back to Germany, I stayed at Jon's house for a couple of days as I couldn't move back into my dorm. Luckily, whilst doing a couple of jobs on campus, I bumped into the Resident Director who said that if I wanted to I could move back into my room early. 

As I got to my floor I noticed that it was the cleanest it had ever smelt, no signs of leftover pizza or weed at all. I got to my door and found new name tags and that my roommate for this semester is a guy called Mohammed, fingers crossed that all will be OK  Upon opening the door it was like walking into a furnace despite the low temperature outside. The room had a weird smell to it which I put down to dust on a red hot radiator. Because I was allowed to leave my things in my room, it hadn't been cleaned like the other rooms. The amount of dust under the beds and on the surfaces was quite disgusting. It feels quite weird being back as apart from the Resident Assistants, I am the only one here. Then again because of this the bathroom is empty and pretty clean.

As people are not meant to be here the canteen is not yet open. That means that for tea I had a baguette and a family bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos. Yum!

Hopefully this semester will be just as good, if not better than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As this is viewable by anyone remotely interested, I politely ask that you keep your language PG13 and abuse at a minimum. Cheers