Introduction

Hi, my name is Phil North. I am currently a student at UCLan in Preston studying Creative Writing and Journalism and have been given the opportunity to study my second year at Central Connecticut State University. Here is where you will be able to find out about my experiences, opinions and just how well I'm adjusting to the US way of life.

Thursday 31 January 2013

Tuesdays - Pick On Ethan Day

Before I Went To Work With
Permanent Marker.
It has recently occurred to Evan and I how much fun it is to pick on his roommate, Ethan. You'll remember last semester when I cooked at Hongi's house that Ethan passed out at the end of the night. At this point I picked up a permanent red marker and drew all over his face. Yes, this is a childish act but after a few beers it is very fun to do. He didn't notice until he went to the toilet hours later, and didn't manage to clean his face completely until a few days after that.

For Every Tin He Buys, We Have A
Set Of Stickers Available
This semester Evan and I found some stickers that say 'Tobacco is a drug too' and 'Kiss me, I don't smoke'. Ethan doesn't smoke but he does have numerous tins of chewing tobacco, all of which are a perfect size for these stickers to go onto. 

On Tuesdays, Ethan has lessons until 9.55pm. This leaves Evan and I time to stick things all over his side of the room. The first day we found dozens of A4 sized yellow work out forms. Ethan is part of the Air Force and plans to bulk up this semester after losing weight over Christmas. 

The second Tuesday, Evan and I used up our printing credits to print pictures of really ugly people and decided to stick them all over his things. His vitamin box, bulk powder lids, laptop, chair, alarm clock, pin board, and clothing box. When finished Evan sent Ethan a text:

We Covered Up His Favourite Pin Up Girl With The
Girls Basketball Team, Hardly The Same Is It?
9 ugly people are here to play,
9 ugly people are here to stay,
9 ugly people are in your room,
9 ugly people to lift you from your gloom.

Part of the fun is telling him that there are more things around than what we have actually stuck up. Unlike a normal person who would ignore it and come across them in time, Ethan can't relax until he finds them. Watching him route around his room looking for things that aren't there is very entertaining. 

 All we need to think of now is, what to do next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

As this is viewable by anyone remotely interested, I politely ask that you keep your language PG13 and abuse at a minimum. Cheers